1. General Terms
These guidelines are for Autoterm LLC product distributors, partners, agents, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use Autoterm LLC (“Autoterm”) trademarks, service marks or images (according to the Autoterm Trademark List below) in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the Autoterm Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Autoterm may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of national and international laws. Use of Autoterm trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a distributor, partner, sub-agent or other authorized reseller of Autoterm products or services you have been provided with a special Trademark Usage Guidelines with your distribution or cooperation agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines.
Autoterm’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using Trademarks, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Autoterm is the sole owner of trademarks and agreeing not to interfere with Autoterm’s trademark rights, including challenging Trademark use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Autoterm Trademark.
The goodwill derived from using any part of an Autoterm Trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Autoterm. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise.
If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, contact email@example.com.
2. Autoterm Trademark List
*This list is not exclusive and Autoterm reserves the right to add or delete trademarks at any time.
3. Permissible Use
3.1. Referential Trademark Usage.
Autoterm does not object to your making referential use of the Trademarks or product names in marketing and promotional materials, books and other printed matter, conferences, applications, demonstrations, and on internet locations, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth below:
- You adhere to the "Proper Use of Trademarks" section below.
- You ensure that your use of Trademarks reflects favorably on Autoterms, its products, services and technologies; and you do not disparage Autoterm or its products and services.
- To avoid misleading the public, do not use Trademarks as part of your company, product or service name. In addition, Trademarks must not appear more prominently than your company title and logo.
- You include a Trademark attribution notice giving Autoterm proper credit with regard to the ownership of used trademark(s). See the following section entitled, "Proper Use of Trademarks."
- You acknowledge in whole or in part that Autoterm is the sole owner of Trademarks and promise that you will not interfere with the trademark rights of Autoterm, including challenging Autoterm's use of, registration of, or application to register such trademarks, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Autoterm trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of any Autoterm trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Autoterm.
3.2. Websites and Domain Name Usage.
Web site domain names that include the term "autoterm" combined with other distinguishing words, numbers or symbols, may use the word marks as part of the domain name provided that such use complies with the following requirements:
- You may not use any Autoterm trademark, including but not limited to the Autoterm name, as part of your company name, product name, service name logo or domain name.
- The web site must serve to: promote products and/or services that are compatible with Autoterm products and technology or serve as an informational forum concerning Autoterm products and services.
- The web site does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Autoterm, its products or services.
- You include the following disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Autoterm on your web site similar to the following:
"(Company Name) is an independent entity and this web site has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise affiliated with Autoterm LLC. AUTOTERM is a trademark of Autoterm LLC."
- The use of the Autoterm word mark on the web site complies with the guidelines set forth in the above "Referential Trademark Usage" paragraph and the following section entitled, "Proper Use of Trademarks."
- You may not use the word "Autoterm", "AUTOTERM air", "AUTOTERM Flow" or any other Autoterm product name alone as a domain name (e.g., Autoterm.shop, Autoterm-flow.com).
Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these terms, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise.
4. Proper Use of Trademarks
Please comply with these guidelines when using Autoterm Trademarks. Please use ™ instead of ® as Autoterm word mark is not registered in every country.
- Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
- As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: I bought an Autoterm Flow liquid heater.
Incorrect: I bought an Autoterm Flow for my car.
- An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that. (e.g. Heater is an appropriate generic term for the trademark Autoterm Flow).
- Always spell and capitalize Autoterm’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the Trademark List above. Do not shorten, abbreviate, hyphenate or otherwise alter Autoterm product names or any other Trademarks. Do not make up names that contain Autoterm trademarks.
5. Trademark Symbols, Credit Lines, and Trade Names
Proper trademark attribution through trademark symbols, credit lines, and trade names helps make the public aware of our trademarks, and helps prevent them from becoming generic terms. Credit lines also help clarify that they belong to Autoterm. Accordingly, Autoterm would appreciate you attributing ownership of Trademarks to Autoterm LLC. by using trademarks symbols, credit lines, and trade names as outlined below.
5.1 Trademarks Symbol and Placement.
On products, packaging, manuals, advertisements and promotional materials, you can use a trademark symbol "™" with the most prominent appearance of the Trademark. If you decide to use the symbol "™", it must be used the first time Trademark is mentioned in the text (after the title). Thereafter, you do not need to use the trademark symbol.
5.2. Credit Lines.
Credit lines should appear either at the beginning or end of your manuals, publications, or other materials. There are a few general rules to follow when preparing credit lines: You should not include a trademark symbol in the credit line. You should not include trademarks in the credit line if the trademarks do not appear in the materials.
Sample Credit Line: autoterm and AUTOTERM Air are trademarks of Autoterm LLC.
5.3. Trade Names.
Trade names are the actual business names of companies. Trademarks and trade names are not the same, even though many companies use their trade names as trademarks. If you are using "Autoterm" as a substitute for Autoterm LLC, you are using it as a trade name. Since they are nouns, trade names can be used in the possessive and do not require a generic term or a trademark symbol. Thus, you are not required to use a "™" after "Autoterm" when it appears as part of the full corporate name or as a trade name. For example:
Corporate Name: This service is provided by Autoterm LLC.
Trade Name: This service is provided by Autoterm.
6. Other Copy Guidelines
You must not use any Autoterm trademarks, logos or designs other than those listed on the Autoterm trademark list as updated by Autoterm from time to time.
You must not use Trademarks on any promotional merchandise (e.g. shirts, key chains, mugs, mouse pads, etc.) without a written permission of autoterm.
The size and placement of the Trademarks must emphasize clearly that you are an independent entity, and not part of Autoterm. In all cases, the visual affiliation between your company and Autoterm must clearly indicate the independent nature of the relationship between the two companies.
You may not represent your company as "official," "exclusive," "approved," or "franchised" by Autoterm, unless you have a written permission to do so.
Depiction of Autoterm products and services must be a fair representation of them as marketed and distributed by Autoterm. You may not use any of Trademarks in any material, which contains subject matter, which Autoterm may deem, in its opinion, in poor taste. Further, you may not use the Trademarks in a manner or context that reflects unfavorably upon Autoterm or which will diminish or damage Autoterm's goodwill, in Autoterms's reasonable judgment.
You must not make any claims about Autoterm, its products or services, other than presenting current information, which has been published by Autoterm.
You are not authorized by Autoterm to use any other third party marks, even if they are used in connection with the Autoterm products or services.
The Autoterm trademarks are valuable property rights of Autoterm. Please treat them properly in accordance with the foregoing guidelines. Misuse of the Trademarks may subject you to trademark infringement.
If you have questions or would like further information regarding Autoterm Trademarks, please contact the Autoterm Marketing Department by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Revised: March 2021